Thursday, August 20, 2009

Library Loot: 8-20


Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by A Striped Armchair that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

Seven books from my request list all hit at the same time...where to start??

The Last Bridge by Teri Coyne

Labor Day by Joyce Maynard

Sometimes Mine by Martha Moody

While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

Bird in Hand by Christina Baker Kline

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I really want to read While I'm Falling - can't wait to see what you think of it.

Kaye said...

Ahhh, decisions, decisions. You know you can read Finger Lickin' Fifteen in an afternoon and can expect to chuckle a lot! Happy reading.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Several of those I'm hoping to read as well. I'll be working on my Library Loot list tonight. Enjoy Jill

Heather said...

We just moved to a new city and will be hitting the library this week, after the kids go back to school and I can enjoy the library without them going can we go yet.

marnesandnoble said...

I've read both Best Friends Forever and Bird in Hand. BFF is different from all of Weiner's past books; there is a lot less snark and it doesn't take place in Philly as most of the others do. It's part mystery, part friends reunited, part commentary on the way we overcome high school experiences. Bird in Hand is very thought-provoking. It's a quick read. I just finished one of Baker Kline's earlier novels (Desire Lines) and I loved it even more than her latest. I've been waiting for Labor Day; I loved Maynard's last novel with a young narrator (The Usual Rules). You can check out my blog for more detailed reviews. Happy Reading!