Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Waking Up in Dixie

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Waking Up in Dixie
By Haywood Smith
Publication Date: September 14

From Amazon:

When Elizabeth Mooney escaped the shame of her “white trash” family to marry the crown prince of her small town, Howell Whittington, she never dreamed that thirty years later, she’d end up trapped in a loveless marriage to the cruel banker who’s foreclosing on all her friends. Then Howe has a stroke sitting up in church, and when he wakes up, he’s at the mercy of all his appetites and emotions. Transformed, Howe wants to be a real husband, which scares proper, repressed Elizabeth to death, and setting out to right past wrongs, he blackmails the town’s baddies into doing the right thing by threatening to foreclose on their mortgages. The ensuing hilarious rollercoaster ride wakes up not only Elizabeth and their marriage, but the whole town and its hidebound institutions.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!

40 comments:

Literary Cravings said...

Wow great pick!! Must look out for this book when it comes out!!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

This sounds like a fun read. But why do husbands always have to be hit in the head or near death to realize what pains they are? LOL

Shelly B said...

Sounds like a good one!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time participating in WoW, and it's a fantastic idea. Thanks!

Jan von Harz said...

Sounds like it will be a fun and interesting read.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Missie's comment :)
My pick this week is Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.

Aleksandra said...

Sounds really interesting!

Michelle Santiago said...

fantastic pick! this sounds like a very fun read. thanks for the heads up, i haven't heard of this book before :)

and as always, thank you for hosting this great meme!

-michelle

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a timely read. I'll watch for it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Well that sounds fun; great pick Jill.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh that one is definitely going on my wishlist!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That sounds fabulous! I must add this one to my list.

Shonda said...

This looks like it would be a good read. Nice pick.

Vanessa said...

This sounds fantastic! Great pick

Tina's Blog said...

I love the cover on this one! I'm adding it to my list.

DREAMING ALIVE said...

My first time WoWing :) The book sounds amazing and the plot is quite a unique one...it makes me think of fairytales for some reason lol.

Anonymous said...

Great pick! I will have to check this one out :D

Jennifer said...

This sounds like a funny read! And LOL at Missie's comment!!!

I'm #35.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

That sounds interesting - reminds of that Nicholas Cage movie they play at Christmas time :)

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like a fun read and I just love the title!

Jenna JL said...

Sounds like a good read! I'll keep a look out for it's release.

Alayne said...

Sounds like a great summer fun read! Nice pick.
Alayne - The Crowded Leaf.

Unknown said...

Great pick! Will look out for it!

Anonymous said...

Your book this week sounds really interesting :) Nice pick!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

This sounds really interesting and funny to boot. I'll have to add it to my list.

Unknown said...

good pick! I went with Beautiful Darkness this week.

Jenn said...

great pick!

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

That sounds like a great WoW pick! There are so many great books coming out it makes it difficult to choose which to post! :)

Unknown said...

Here is my WOW:
http://booksbeforebreakfast.blogspot.com/2010/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

CHRISTIE said...

Your choice sounds like a fun read.

Becky said...

I just started my own book blog and this is my first time doing WoW. It's a great idea!

Lisa Mandina said...

Love this idea! I am now going to take part every Wednesday.

Mariana S said...

Nice pick, looks good ^^

Lori said...

Cute cover. I hope that you will enjoy it when you get it.

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Book Reviews said...

Just linked my WoW: Matched by Ally Condie.

Alison Can Read said...

This sounds different. Always nice to have something with an original plot.

Unknown said...

Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome, I loved participating and I'll be back next week!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love to read, and finally decided to put that time to good use! My blog is called The Love Is in the Pages, and I am just finishing setting it up. I would love to participate in this great meme, and I am looking to spread the word of my blog...Thanks!

Yolanda said...

I love Haywood Smith and your blog.