Saturday, March 17, 2012

Summer "Beach Book" Preview


It's the beginning of Spring Break week here in Alabama, and my family is heading down to the Gulf Coast. In celebration of warmer weather and beach trips, I'm offering up my annual summer preview, featuring five of my favorite novelists. These ladies consistently deliver fun, "beachy" reads.

By Mary Alice Monroe


By Dorothea Benton Frank


By Mary Kay Andrews


By Nancy Thayer


By Elin Hilderbrand


Who are your favorite "beach read" authors?

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Those all look great! I'm really excited because Mary Alice Monroe, Dottie Frank and Mary Kay Andrews are all coming here to promote their new books!

Unknown said...

My favorite beach reads are actually Stephen King novels!:)

Lisa@GadgetsNBooks said...

What a great post, my friend and I have a beach trip planned this summer and we were looking for some great reads for when we are lounging in the sand on girls weekend!

Justin78 said...

I'm with Nina, I LOVE a good Stephen King novel on the beach.
One of my recent favorites, though, is "Deadly Destination" by Cat Denison (http://sandcatproductions.com). It's a little bit dark, very adventurous and has some paranormal thrown in. I love it. Not a typical light, love-centric beach read, but one that I personally love to read on vacation!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've loved books by the last three authors on the list. It's so much fun to look forward to their new books!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

All of these make me long for summer:)

Kim@Time2Read said...

Thanks for the preview! I'm in AL now, though not at the beach. But I do have a beach vacation planned this summer and I'm adding these to my TBR~

Anonymous said...

I'm in Georgia. We don't head to the Gulf until June. I hope you have/had a great time!