Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday: How I Came to Sparkle Again

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

How I Came to Sparkle Again
By Kaya McLaren
Publication Date: October 2

From Amazon:

Set in a Colorado ski town, this remarkable breakout novel chronicles three people and their journey from loss to love; heartbreak to hope.

Jill Anthony spent her young adulthood in the ski town of Sparkle, Colorado.  But more than a decade has passed since she left when, only weeks after a very late miscarriage, she finds her husband in bed with another woman, she flees Austin, Texas for the town she knows:  Sparkle.  

Lisa Carlucci wakes up one morning after another night of meaningless sex, looks in the mirror and realizes that she no longer wants to treat her body like a Holiday Inn. She’s going to hold out for love.  The only problem is, love might come in the form of her ski bum best friend, who lives next door with his ski bum friends in a trailer known as “the Kennel.”  

Cassie Jones, at age ten, has lost her mother to cancer and no longer believes in anything anymore.  She knows her father is desperately worried about her, and she constantly looks for messages from her deceased mother through the heart-shaped rocks they once collected in the streams and hills of Sparkle. 

Three people at the crossroads of heartbreak and healing.  Three lives that will be changed one winter in Sparkle.  One tender, funny, tear-jerking novel you won’t soon forget.  



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!


 

44 comments:

HayleyAG said...

I've never heard of this title, but it sounds interesting! Happy Wednesday!!!

Felicia said...

Hm. not my usual typical read, but sounds interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, I love the sound of this one, especially the cover and title. interesting! great pick. :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

This is a very deep story. I lke how each character has their own story and pain and need to heal. A very good WOW.

Melanie said...

Crossroads novels are always interesting. I love this title!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an emotional read and one that I would like. I love books that have the ability to touch me, and this looks like that sort of read.

June G said...

This sounds pretty good. You always choose mature, thought-provoking reads that are new to me. :-)

Benji @ The Non Reluctant Reader said...

I put in the wrong link on accident, could you please delete number 36?

Alison B said...

Interesting story, but not sure if I'll check it out further. My WoW

Unknown said...

I'm adding this one to my list! I think I'll love it.

Anonymous said...

I've not heard of this book until now. Sounds interesting. I may have to take a gander.

Unknown said...

Love the sound of this!
MYWOW
Happy Waiting on Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Not sure what I think of this one... Interesting though!

Here's mine!

Sarahbotbonkers said...

The title really interested me. I'm one for tear-jerkers so I'd really add this to my TBR.

Neyra said...

Not my go to genre, but I'll be picking this up, it sounds intriguing and any story where the characters find strength after losing all faith is a must read for me ;) Awesome choice this week! happy reading, I hope you have a great wednesday! :D

Anonymous said...

This sounds pretty good and like you'd would definitely need tissues while your reading it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the premise of this one! My kind of story...thanks!!

Kristin @ Addicted to HEA said...

I LOVE the sound of this one!! I avoid reality but I could get lost in their world. I love CO!!

Ashley said...

I absolutely love the cover for How I Came to Sparkle Again! It's gorgeous! Sounds like a good, but sad book.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

While this one isn't my style, I have a friend who loves this genre--I'll have to recommend it to her.

Amy said...

I love when book have different stories that seem unrelated that come together somehow. I don't know that this is a book I would read, but it still sounds wonderful.

Mandi Kaye @ Never Too Fond of Books said...

That sounds like a really good book. Thanks for sharing it!

Wendy Lohr said...

This sounds like an intensely good book. Great choice and thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

This sounds awesome. Definitely a great summer read. Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My WoW

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting :)

Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my WoW

Lisa Mandina said...

This does sound pretty interesting!

joyh82 said...

Great choice. Love the cover and title too. Have a great week!

Cecelia said...

This does sound like a tear-jerker of a book. I wonder about that 10-year-old...

Ann @ Tea And Text said...

Oh this sounds adorable!

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I think Sparkle is such a fun name for a town!! And I love the way you don't necessarily know it's a town's name from the title!! Nice pick :)

Today, in addition to WoW, I'm doing an author guest post, and I'll be featuring the cover designer this week as well! <3

Hannah said...

Cover for your pick is BEE-YOO-TI-FUL!

Karis Jacobstein said...

Love,love, love the cover! The story sounds awesome too!

My WWW/WOW

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

This sounds like a good one for a rainy or cold day at home :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this i added my blog Thanks again Jill :),Love Kristina

Tiffany Sill said...

Oooo I like this pick alot! :)

Hollie said...

This one sounds great! I love the title too. :)

Kate said...

Not heard of this one but it looks good, I will have to check it out!

Mel said...

This one sounds very good!

JoLee @ Wickedly Delicious Book Blog said...

Thanks for sharing. This sounds like a very good book. Have a nice week.

My WOW
http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-once-burned-by.html

Theta Sigma said...

Not one that I'd normally read, but another interesting pick for your WoW.

There's no release date on it for Kindle in the UK, but I've made my interest known.

Thanks again.

Megan said...

I haven't heard of this one yet, but it sounds pretty interesting!

Anonymous said...

I think I shall be checking out this book. YOu know your meme gets my bank account into so much trouble. ;)

Old follower.

My WoW

Jennifer @ BookShelfery said...

I've not heard of this title, but it sounds like a good read. Here's my Waiting on Wednesday!"

Carol said...

I love that title.