Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Gravity of Birds

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Gravity of Birds
By Tracy Guzeman

Publication Date: August 6

From Amazon:

Sisters Natalie and Alice Kessler were close, until adolescence wrenched them apart. Natalie is headstrong, manipulative—and beautiful; Alice is a dreamer who loves books and birds. During their family’s summer holiday at the lake, Alice falls under the thrall of a struggling young painter, Thomas Bayber, in whom she finds a kindred spirit. Natalie, however, remains strangely unmoved, sitting for a family portrait with surprising indifference. But by the end of the summer, three lives are shattered.

Decades later, Bayber, now a reclusive, world-renowned artist, unveils a never-before-seen work, Kessler Sisters—a provocative painting depicting the young Thomas, Natalie, and Alice. Bayber asks Dennis Finch, an art history professor, and Stephen Jameson, an eccentric young art authenticator, to sell the painting for him. That task becomes more complicated when the artist requires that they first locate Natalie and Alice, who seem to have vanished. And Finch finds himself wondering why Thomas is suddenly so intent on resurrecting the past.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!

36 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matilda Liljestrand said...

Your pick sounds really interesting! It is not the book I would normaly pick up but the summary sounds so good that I may have to check it out :) Thanks for sharing

Hannah @ The Redhead Reader said...

This book sounds great! And that cover is gorgeous, I'll definitely have to look into it :)

kitkatscanread said...

Love the cover of that book =)

Book Blather said...

This sounds interesting and what a beautiful cover! Lovely choice.

Sam's Book Basket said...

I love the cover! Here's my WoW: http://samsbookbasket.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-one-tiny-lie-ka.html

Livvvy75 said...

I love this meme! That book sounds really cool, I really want to read it!

Tina's Blog said...

This one looks great- another of your selections I'll enjoy.
What are you thinking of A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams? I see that from your sidebar that you are reading that. I really liked that one.

Becca Jayne said...

Such a great pick! :)
-Becca
My list: http://prettylittlememoirs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-all-our-pretty.html

patty said...

Ooooo this one sounds creepy. Good pick.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Love the cover on your pick. I also put this one on my TBR list.

Unknown said...

A beautiful cover and an intriguing synopsis!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting read.

http://debdebreviews.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/waiting-on-wednesday-june-5/

Unknown said...

Wow, your pick sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Holly said...

I gotta be honest, the cover isn't one that would normally draw me to pick up a book but the summary is very intriguing to me. Thanks for the pick this week!

Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I like the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW:

http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesdaynancy-thayers.html

HelloJennyReviews said...

How do i get the linky thing for my blog? I'm soo new at this and lost... Very lost.

Micheline said...

Ooooh, I like the sound of this and I can definitely relate with Alice. I'm already wanting to unravel the mystery here! Thanks for sharing Jill (and for hosting again) ♥

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

Two Tall Tales said...

Your WoW Sounds like an interesting read. I hope you enjoy it once you get to read it!

Here is My WoW-http://two-tall-tales.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

Thanks for hosting!

Jerz Bookish Nerd said...

Sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cover! Sounds like an interesting book.

My WoW:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

Reese's Reviews said...

I haven't heard of this one. Hope you enjoy it! Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a happy Wednesday! 8)

Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

bermudaonion said...

That sounds excellent!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I love the cover for this book. It sounds interesting. Hope you get your hands on it soon. Happy reading!
-Natalie @Natflix&Books

joyh82 said...

Sounds like a good mystery and love novels about sisters. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

That looks super good! I need to check that out sometime. Hope you enjoy it!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Nice pick this week. Story sounds good.

follower

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-50-daughters-of.html

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This is not something I would normally read, but the synopsis really sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Kim@Time2Read said...

That one sounds really interesting...and a book that I will either love or hate! Hmmm....

alexanddrea said...

Sounds interesting

Lex Explains It All // The World According to Lex

Stasia said...

Seriously intriguing. Sister-stories can be so fascinating. I will definitely read this. Lovely cover, too.

Angelica said...

Sounds interesting :)

http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/wow-4.html

Unknown said...

The cover of this book is gorgeous! Great pick.

Jane Reads said...

This book sounds really good - definitely worth waiting on!

Here's my WoW.

Biena said...

Loving this meme!

Anwar Fazil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.