Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Secrets of Midwives


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Secrets of Midwives
By Sally Hepworth

Publication Date: February 10

From Amazon:

THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES tells the story of three generations of women devoted to delivering new life into the world—and the secrets they keep that threaten to change their own lives forever.  Neva Bradley, a third-generation midwife, is determined to keep the details surrounding her own pregnancy—including the identity of the baby’s father— hidden from her family and co-workers for as long as possible.  Her mother, Grace, finds it impossible to let this secret rest.  For Floss, Neva’s grandmother and a retired midwife, Neva’s situation thrusts her back 60 years in time to a secret that eerily mirrors her granddaughter’s—a secret which, if revealed, will have life-changing consequences for them all. Will these women reveal their secrets and deal with the inevitable consequences? Or are some secrets best kept hidden?


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!





25 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds good! Thanks for sharing.

Shay(The Story Goes...) said...

Oooh sounds good, I haven't heard of this before but I will be adding it to my TBR! =)

Anonymous said...

This book reminds me of Snowflower and The Secret Fan. In that book, it takes place in China and woman have this secret language for communicating to each other that the men don't know. This book sounds really interesting. My pick for the week is here:

http://yaindulgences.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/waiting-on-wednesday-8-91714/

I'm ridiculously excited for it.

Unknown said...

I haven't come across this book before.
Sounds interesting.

I'm new to this meme. If you like, you can see my WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

Anonymous said...

Interesting ♥

Here's mine:

Zodiac by Romina Russell

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Ooh never read a story like this one. Thanks for sharing. I'm intrigued.

Happy Hump Day!

Shane @ Itching for Books

Unknown said...

This sounds really interesting.

My pick is here:

http://alexandraflorencebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-no-place-to-fall.html

Britt said...

Happy to be a part of wow again. Doesn't sound like my kind of book but hope u enjoy. Here is what I'm waiting on
❤️Brittany @ please feed the bookworm
http://kalebsmome.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-souls-grimnirs-2.html

Pixie said...

Ohh I bet this is going to be an interesting read.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read.

Kim@Time2Read said...

This sounds like a good one! I'm adding it to my list!

Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like an old mystery needs to be solved.

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!
My WoW.

Jill Hoke said...

That sounds like a good one. Thanks for doing the link up.

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Scandalous! This one sounds full of secrets! ;)

Thanks for sharing, Jill! (Oh and I'm loving that newer profile photo!) :D

vvb32 reads said...

Always interesting to read about secrets revealed.

Leslie @ Books Are The New Black said...

This is my first WoW!!

http://disturbia0509.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

paintitreadbooks said...

Hmmmm. Interesting concept!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting! I haven't done this in a while.

Laura said...

Sounds interesting. My husband and I were just talking about this sort of thing last night. If a child was adopted, for example from another family member, should it be kept secret forever or eventually revealed?
Thanks for sharing it.
My WoW

Daniel said...

This doesn't look like my kind of book but I hope you enjoy it!

Here's my WoW: http://thecouchpotatoesdigest.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-winterspell.html

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of that one before. I will have to look into it. :)

Leeanna said...

That sounds interesting! The secrecy of birth parents reminds me a little of In Falling Snow.

Unknown said...

This was my first Waiting On Wednesday! Loved checking out everyone's anticipated reads!

Raquel Byrnes said...

So glad you highlighted this book. Hadn't seen it before, but looks interesting. :)