Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Rocks


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Rocks

By Peter Nichols
Publication Date: May 26

From Amazon:

Set against dramatic Mediterranean Sea views and lush olive groves, The Rocks opens with a confrontation and a secret: What was the mysterious, catastrophic event that drove two honeymooners apart so suddenly and absolutely in 1948 that they never spoke again despite living on the same island for 60 more years? And how did their history shape the Romeo and Juliet–like romance of their (unrelated) children decades later? Centered around a popular seaside resort club and its community, The Rocks is a double love story that begins with a mystery, then moves backward in time, era by era, to unravel what really happened decades earlier.



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!











23 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

Njkinny said...

Sounds interesting. Will add to my TBR..Thanks for sharing :)
Checkout my WOW pick for this week and if you like it, I would love to provide you with an ARC to read and review! :)

Here is my WOW post: http://www.njkinnysblog.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-6-sirens-call-by.html

Laura said...

That sounds very interesting. I like the twist on the Romeo/Juliet idea. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Ooh this sounds intriguing! How did you find it? Have you read any by Peter Nichols before? I feel like I recognise the name!
Booky love,
Eleanor @Eclectic Bookshelf

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of Peter Nichols before, but this book sounds great! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it come May!
Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

Elizabeth Shaw said...

Your waiting on Wednesday sounds good, I just added it to my TBR list.

Kay said...

I have not heard of this one, but I think I'd like to know what the event was that pushed them apart. Must have been a doozy. LOL

Stella Sinclair said...

Wow, sound like a really good read!

michellesminions said...

The Rocks sounds really good! I'll be on the lookout for it!

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

Anonymous said...

Sounds very good, thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo! This books sounds really interesting. I like Romeo and Juliet twists, so this is definitely going on my TBR.

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

OOh! Sometimes I wish I read more than just YA... this one sounds intriguing! I love the cover, too! :) (This kind of storyline would be cool in a movie.) Thanks for sharing, as always! <3

Ali @ Ali's Books said...

This sounds great! I just added it to my TBR!

Drea Shane said...

I'm not a huge fan of anything historical, but this book does look intriguing! I hope you get it soon and enjoy it :)

Leeanna said...

Sounds interesting, and that cover is on point!

Unknown said...

I linked up! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Linked up. This sounds interesting!

Unknown said...

Posted my first #Wow this is such a great idea :)

Diaries Of A Book Lover said...

That sounds great! Will check it out.

Unknown said...

Entered !!

Nejoud @ CurrentlyReading

JO said...

The Ukrainian military called the airmen's deaths "painful and irreparable" losses, and paid tribute to Pilshchykov as a pilot with "mega knowledge and mega talent".รับสร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่

JO said...

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been acquitted of corruption charges following an impeachment process which divided Republicans governing the US state. รับสร้างบ้าน เชียงใหม่

JO said...

Thousands of people in Gaza have broken into aid depots to take supplies in what the UN called a "worrying sign of civil order starting to break down". รับสร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่