Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The New Neighbor


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The New Neighbor

By Leah Stewart
Publication Date: July 7

From Amazon:

Ninety-year-old Margaret Riley is content hiding from the world. Stoic and independent, she rarely leaves the Tennessee mountaintop where she lives, finding comfort in the mystery novels that keep her company, that is, until she spots a woman who’s moved into the long-empty house across the pond.

Jennifer Young is also looking to hide. On the run from her old life, she and her four-year-old son Milo have moved to a quiet town where no one from her past can find her.

In Jennifer, Margaret sees both a potential companion in her loneliness and a mystery to be solved. But Jennifer refuses to talk about herself, her son, his missing father, or her past. Frustrated, Margaret crosses more and more boundaries in pursuit of the truth, threatening to unravel the new life Jennifer has so painstakingly created—and reveal some secrets of her own.



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!







14 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I like the sound of this one. Adding it to my TBR. Thanks again for hosting!

Tina's Blog said...

I have a copy of this one from Net Galley that I need to get to. I just can't ever seem to get ahead of all the great books coming out!

Sofia T. said...

Don't know the book but it sounds awesome! :)

Kay said...

I like the sound of this one. Am wondering if it's more of a mystery or a character study. Guess I'll have to read it to find out. :-)

Stormi said...

This one sound like it could be interesting. :)

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

I want to read just so I can see the nosy neighbor get her comeuppance.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of that book, but it looks like a good one! Here's my pick for the week.

http://shariltapscott.com/2015/04/08/waiting-on-wednesday-forever-an-unfortunate-fairy-tale-5/

Shari
shariltapscott.com

perpetual new girl said...

Loving the response to your pick. Always fun when others haven't heard of your choice.

My WoW pick is HERE.

Thanks for hosting.

Cezanne said...

This sounds so good. I defintiely need to add this to my TBR list.

buttersnaps99 said...

My pick is a YA sequel that's coming up!

https://getabookmark.wordpress.com/

I love WoW!

Leeanna said...

Ooh, I like the idea of an older character! Need more of those in fiction.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard it, but sounds good. So many great bookies coming out! Can't wait! haha Thanks for hosting :)

JO said...

The Ukrainian military called the airmen's deaths "painful and irreparable" losses, and paid tribute to Pilshchykov as a pilot with "mega knowledge and mega talent".รับสร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่

JO said...

Thousands of people in Gaza have broken into aid depots to take supplies in what the UN called a "worrying sign of civil order starting to break down". รับสร้างบ้านเชียงใหม่