Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Beside Myself

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Beside Myself

By Ann Morgan

Publication Date: January 12

From Amazon:


Six-year-old Helen and Ellie are identical twins, but Helen is smarter, more popular, and their mother's favorite. Ellie, on the other hand, requires special instruction at school, is friendless, and is punished at every turn.

Until they decide to swap places--just for fun, and just for one day--and Ellie refuses to switch back. Everything of Helen's, from her toys to her friends to her identity, now belongs to her sister. With those around her oblivious to her plight, the girl who used to be Helen loses her sense of self and withdraws into a spiral of behavioral problems, delinquency, and mental illness. In time, she's not even sure of her memory of the switch.

Twenty-five years later, she receives a call that threatens to pull her back into her sister's dangerous orbit. Will she take this chance to face her past?


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!







16 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This book sounds great!

Verushka said...

Oh my, Beside Myself sounds fabulous. And more than a little chilling! (Going to add this one to my #5Books rec list for the end of the week).

Kristin @ Addicted to HEA said...

Sounds absolutely creepy and NO! Don't go back to your old life!!!! Great pick!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! As a twin (fraternal not identical) I think this could be very interesting. I'll have to add it to my TBR. My WoW

Anonymous said...

Sounds creepy and wonderful. I'll need to check this one out!

Njkinny said...

This book sounds great :)

Here is my WoW post.
-Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

Lisa Mandina said...

Oooh, that sounds like a really good one! Thanks for sharing!

Kate Unger said...

Wow. That book sounds so good!!! Adding to my TBR list right now.

Laura said...

Wow. That one really sounds like something. Not switching back would be kind of evil. Hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this one, but sounds really interesting! Like a creepier version of The Parent Trap.

Unknown said...

Wow, this book sounds very creepy... I like it :)

The Bibliophile Babe said...

That sounds really good!

Unknown said...

This book sounds really interesting!

Unknown said...

This looks so intriguing. What a concept! Adding it to my TBR pile :)

Unknown said...

I think I'd be too stressed, but would love to see what you think after you read it!

The Artist Librarian said...

Wow, Besides Myself sounds like it would make a perfect Lifetime movie or something ... I don't read a lot of contemporaries, but this one seems like a suspenseful novel!