Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Small Great Things


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Small Great Things
By Jodi Picoult

Publication Date: October 11

From Amazon:

Ruth Jefferson is a labor and delivery nurse at a Connecticut hospital with more than 20 years’ experience. During her shift, Ruth begins a routine checkup on a newborn, only to be told a few minutes later that she’s been reassigned to another patient. The parents are white supremacists and don’t want Ruth, who is African American, to touch their child. The hospital complies with their request, but the next day, the baby goes into cardiac distress while Ruth is alone in the nursery. Does she obey orders or does she intervene?
With incredible empathy, intelligence, and candor, Jodi Picoult tackles race, privilege, prejudice, justice, and compassion—and doesn’t offer easy answers.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!








20 comments:

Literary Dust said...

I need to add this!

Bonnie R said...

I've never actually read anything by this author! Need to fix that. :)

Renee said...

It's been awhile since I ready anything by Jodi Picoult but this book sounds too good to pass by. Definitely adding this one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing and hosting this meme!

Di Hewlett said...

Thanks for hosting this great meme. I need to pick up a Jodi Picoult one day. It's embarrassing that I haven't done so yet! Thanks for the pick.

Stephanie - Bookfever said...

YES! I can't wait for Small Great Things. It's going to be amazing, I think!

Tina's Blog said...

I think this one sounds fantastic. I've got an ARC of Small Great Things but haven't found time to get to it yet!

Lekeisha said...

Great pick! I just added this to my list yesterday.

Angela Lawrence said...

I just came across this yesterday! I'm looking forward to it.

Jackie at Fire & Ice Book Reviews said...

This looks amazing!

Lisa Mandina said...

I love the cover, although I'm not a Jodi Picoult reader. I know there will be a lot of people excited for this!

Angie @ BadassBookReviews said...

This looks like it's going to be heart-wrenching.

Miranda said...

I haven't heard of this book until now. I'm not normally once for contemporaries but this one has be super intrigued! Great pick! :)

Eve said...

I've heard great things about her books especially the one with her daughter but I haven't gotten around to picking one up yet but I look forward to doing so and I hope you love this one!

Shane Morgan said...

Oh wow! This sounds intense. I'm definitely curious about this story too. Thanks for sharing.

wanderingbarkbooks said...

Posted my first WoW today! Thank you for getting this started. Also, going to recommend this one to my mom—she loves Picoult!

AngelErin said...

I love Jodi Picoult's books! I haven't heard of this one yet. Great pick.

Beth Jones said...

Jodi Picoult and I either really get along plot-wise or really hate each other plot-wise. This one sounds good though. My pick for this week's WOW tends to make people have very combative feelings too.

Suzanne at Reads in the Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne at Reads in the Family said...

I have my eye on this one as well. Love Jodi Picoult!

deesbookblog.com said...

this sounds intriguing, but I always seem to end up disappointed by JP books because a definitive resolution always seems just out of reach (but maybe that's just me) :)