Thursday, June 10, 2010

Library Loot: 6/10


Let summer reading begin! Based on my too-full library on-hold list (who knew it maxed out at 30?), it looks like women's fiction enthusiasts are in for a treat over the next few months.

Here's what came up for me this week:


Beach Week by Susan Coll
The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch

Visit Library Loot to see what other bloggers picked up this week.


8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Ooh, Backseat Saints is fantastic - read it first!

Jess said...

Backseat Saints is getting a lot of good buzz -- I hope you enjoy it!

Shonda said...

My library's max is 25. I usually have about 22-23 holds that I'm waiting for. One of which is The One That I Want. I check almost daily to see if the book is ready for pick up. I'm excited to read it! Enjoy your books.

Linda said...

Our library has a cap at 25 on the hold list. I keep a Google Document with all the extra books I want so I can add them when the queue gets low!
Enjoy your loot. I'll be interested to hear what you think of Backseat Saints.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'd read all of these Jill; looks good.

Lara said...

Ooh I preordered My Name is Memory and cannot wait for it to arrive next week (I specifically ordered a later release date one so I wouldn't have it during my exams atm, coz I just know I'll give in and read it and fail my exams)

I have no idea what my library's hold list is like (I've never hit it at least), but God forbid I ever have to pick up 25 books- the librarians at my library death stare me and do that annoying tutting thing when I go in to pick up 5 or more!

Marie Cloutier said...

I just finished Backseat Saints- LOVED it! :-)

Unknown said...

My Name is Memory sounds wonderful - the blurb I read said it would appeal if you liked The Time Traveler's Wife and I loved that one...