Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Salon: My Book Cup Runneth Over


Not that I didn't have enough on hand to read... but I logged into my library account earlier this week and had six books waiting on me. Sometimes I almost don't know where to begin. There's nothing like a stack of books calling your name and competing for your attention.

Between Here and April by Deborah Copaken Kogan
One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
The English Major by Jim Harrison
The Road Home by Rose Tremain
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
Goldengrove by Francine Prose

I have started Between Here and April...I'm buzzing through it pretty quickly, so I anticipate posting a review tomorrow.



Also: After suffering through Georgia's loss to Alabama last night, it definitely made me feel better to see that two bloggers, Mary at Bookfan-Mary and Avisannschild at She Reads and Reads, had honored me with an I Love Your Blog award. The love goes both ways! Be sure to stop by their sites and check them out...

6 comments:

Yasmin said...

I want to read the 19th Wife...going to see if I can get a copy from the library or maybe find a good used copy at amazon or half.com.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't yesterday a weird football day? We were very happy to see Virginia Tech beat Nebraska. The 19th Wife is in my TBR pile - I can't wait to get to it.

avisannschild said...

Yay for blog love! I just got The 19th Wife in the mail this past week, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it too. I've got to say my expectations are high!

S. Krishna said...

I'm really curious to see what you think of One Fifth Avenue. I haven't liked Candace Bushnell's books in the past, but I do want to read this one.

lnwslot789 said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ หนังดัง หนังดี ซีรี่ส์โดน ระดับ HD Premium ง่ายๆ ได้ที่ Doonung1234 กับเรื่อง Ore Monogatari - ไม่หล่อแต่เร้าใจ

MOVIE2FREEZA said...

How does your writing look modern? And compose the content well

ดูหนังออนไลน์