Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Sing Them Home


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Sing Them Home
By Stephanie Kallos
Publication Date: January 6

From Books-A-Million:

The eagerly anticipated second novel from the author of the national bestseller Broken for You is a deeply moving portrait of three grown siblings who have lived in the shadow of grief since their mother's ascent into a tornado when they were children.

I read Broken for You when it was a Today Show Book Club selection several years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I'm thrilled that her latest is just around the corner.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not heard of Stephanie Kallos. Sounds good! I'll get mine posted soon. Promise. :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I have this book on my list as well. I loved Broken For You.

Anonymous said...

Ugh - I came back to post my link and did it one wrong Wednesday. What a goober! (lol) My link is http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2008/09/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

Anonymous said...

Broken for You is one of my favorite books from this year's reading. I can't wait for this one!

Anna said...

Sounds like an interesting book! I have not heard of this author.

--Anna (Diary of an Eccentric)
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com

bookworm said...

hi there---great blog! and thanks for mentioning SING THEM HOME---i'm Stephanie Kallos's editor at Grove and I'd be very happy to donate a new hardcover to you and your site, if that would be of interest. just let me know--and thanks for all your great work!

All best,
Lauren Wein
Grove/Atlantic, Inc.

Donna said...

I haven't heard of this book before - it sounds really good.

My Waiting on Wednesday is here.

You have a great blog!

Donna said...

I've been seeing mentions of this book. It looks really good. My Waiting on Wednesday is here.

Missy B. said...

I still have not read Broken For You and I have this one on my list as well!

Here is my pick:

http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2009/09/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

Marce said...

I haven't heard of these books.

Here is mine.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/waiting-on-wednesday-caught-by-harlan.html