Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Evergreen


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Evergreen
By Rebecca Rasmussen

Publication Date: July 15

From Amazon:

It is 1938 when Eveline, a young bride, follows her husband into the wilderness of Minnesota. Though their cabin is rundown, they have a river full of fish, a garden out back, and a new baby boy named Hux. But when Emil leaves to take care of his sick father, the unthinkable happens: a stranger arrives, and Eveline becomes pregnant. She gives the child away, and while Hux grows up hunting and fishing in the woods with his parents, his sister, Naamah, is raised an orphan. Years later, haunted by the knowledge of this forsaken girl, Hux decides to find his sister and bring her home to the cabin. But Naamah, even wilder than the wilderness that surrounds them, may make it impossible for Hux to ever tame her, to ever make up for all that she, and they, have lost.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!





20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evergreen sounds amazing! I have to read it! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Tina's Blog said...

Hearing the description makes me think of The Snow Child. Love the setting of this one.

Kim@Time2Read said...

This one sounds interesting! I'm going to look for it.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, this one sounds sad! I'll have to wait and see what you think of this one before checking it out.

bermudaonion said...

I'm very excited about that book!

Juli Rahel said...

Ooh, Evergreen sounds really good!I love the whole idea of it!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Megan @ Reading Books Like a Boss said...

I love the cover of Evergreen!

Taylor said...

I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds like a good one! Sad but good! And I love the cover :D

Here's my WOW post http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

<3
Taylor @ The Bookaholic

Rebecca Rasmussen said...

Thank you so much! I am so happy to wake up to this! :) xoxo

BooksToTheTea said...

Ohhh this sounds like a book interesting! I am so excited to be doing Waiting on Wednesday now =)

BooksToTheTea said...

Ohhh this sounds like a book interesting! I am so excited to be doing Waiting on Wednesday now =)

Laura said...

It sounds interesting, but not really like something I would read.
I hope you enjoy it!
My WoW

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

That just sounds so heartbreaking! Thanks for sharing!

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

Lisa Mandina said...

I definitely like the cover on this one.

joyh82 said...

Good pick! So funny that I just gave a book to a little girl that has the same last name as this author.
Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

Selena said...

Evergreen sounds like a really neat and sort of haunting (in a sad way) read. I'll have to check it out :)

My WoW

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

This sounds interesting! And the cover? WOW! So cool, and love the bird! (I have a thing for birds.) :D

ChpterReads said...

I just had to join this. There are so many good books coming out and I don't know how I will be able to contain myself and my bookshelves.

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! So many books I want to read this year. It's crazy!

Unknown said...

I'm waiting on The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley.