Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Sixteenth of June


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Sixteenth of June

By Maya Lang
Publication Date: June 3

From Amazon:

Leopold Portman, a young IT manager a few years out of college, dreams of settling down in Philly’s bucolic suburbs and starting a family with his fiancĂ©e, Nora. A talented singer in mourning for her mother, Nora has abandoned a promising opera career and wonders what her destiny holds. Her best friend, Stephen, Leopold’s brother, dithers in his seventh year of graduate school and privately questions Leo and Nora’s relationship. On June 16, 2004, the three are brought together—first for a funeral, then for an annual Bloomsday party. As the long-simmering tensions between them come to a head, they are forced to confront the choices of their pasts and their hopes for the future.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!







23 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds good!

Screenplaydiva said...

Your book pick sounds interesting. I would definitely pick it up in a bookstore due to the lovely cover!

Sam's Book Basket said...

This sounds great!

Here's my WoW this week: Click here ;)

Unknown said...

YOu always find the most interesting books! Love it!

Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
Here's my WoW

The Cover Contessa said...

Another one I have not heard of! Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Cristina's Book Reviews said...

I'm excited to be part of my first WoW and your books sounds like a great pick!

Cristina's Book Reviews said...

I'm excited to be part of my first WoW and your books sounds like a great pick!

http://www.cristinasbookreviews.com/2014/03/26/waiting-on-wednesday-dreams-of-gods-and-monsters-daughter-of-smoke-and-bone-3/

DJ D. said...

The Sixteenth of June sounds like a wonderful read! As a music lover, the opera elements are intriguing. Thanks!

Kenzie said...

This book sounds really interesting. It was really hard for me pick my Waiting On Wednesday pick.

Kim@Time2Read said...

This one sounds good! Great pick!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I love your picks every week. They're also new to me and interesting.

Happy Wednesday!

My WoW

Nahomi said...

Great Pick This sounds really interesting!
Nahomi @ Books & Swoons
Our WOW

Lekeisha said...

This sounds great! Love the cover!

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Your pick sounds pretty good!

My WoW:
http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday-25-dangerous.html

Sam's Book Basket said...

Oops, I mean this is my WoW: Click here ;)

Unknown said...

That sounds intense! Thanks for sharing :)

Helena @ The Life of a BookNerd Addict said...

Sound awesome!

Lexie said...

Sounds like a good book:)

Shay(The Story Goes...) said...

Sounds intriguing. Great pick!

Unknown said...

I love this weekly feature! I always manage to find books I didn't know about!

Unknown said...

That book sounds interesting!!
Oh! and I entered twice, sorry my computer is not in a good mood :))

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Oooh... this one looks nice! It also sounds like it would be a really cool movie! :)

Sagheer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.