Thursday, July 3, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Holidays

Here's this week's question:
It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?
I'm almost finished with No One You Know by Michelle Richmond (author of The Year of Fog).

I'm anticipating some serious pool time this weekend, and I'm excited that I have Elin Hilderbrand's latest, A Summer Affair, in my stack, a guaranteed fun summer read.

Also in my maybe-to-be-read stack for the weekend: This Charming Man by Marian Keyes and More Than It Hurts You by Darin Strauss.

I'm a little wary of the Marian Keyes book...I loved her first few, but I haven't been able to get into her last couple of novels. We'll see.

Happy Fourth!

6 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

sounds like a great stack of books for the weekend- hope you have a great time :-)

S. Krishna said...

Ooh, all of those books sound great! I just read This Charming Man and reviewed it at my blog
http://skrishnasbooks.blogspot.com/2008/07/this-charming-man-marian-keyes.html

SmilingSally said...

Do you plan to do nothing but read for the entire weekend? That's a pile to go through.

Jill said...

No, no...but I'm usually good for a book a day on the weekends, so I'm thinking I can get through the three on my list with a long weekend. If not, no big deal.

I'm a big early-morning reader, so regardless of my plans for the day, I usually get in a good chunk of time right at the beginning.

Lesa said...

I'm reading Silent Thunder by Iris Johansen, and her son, Roy Johansen. This is the first book I've read by her. It looks quite a bit different, from what I've seen so far.

Julia said...

Of all the books you listed, I have never read or even heard of them. I must check them out to see if any will be interested for me. Sound like you going to have lot of reading fun for the weekend!

Happy Fourth and Happy BTT! Enjoy your reading and have a good weekend!