Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Charleston


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Charleston
By Margaret Bradham Thornton

Publication Date: July 29

From Amazon:


When Eliza Poinsett left the elegant world of Charleston for college, she never expected it would take her ten years to return. Now almost a decade later, she is an art historian in London with a charming Etonian boyfriend who adores her. But the past catches up with her when she runs into Henry, her childhood love, at a wedding in the English countryside.
Already unnerved by the encounter, Eliza’s carefully guarded equilibrium is shattered when she meets Henry again in Charleston, where she’s come for her stepsister’s debut. Set against a backdrop of stately homes, the seductive Lowcountry landscape, and the entangled lives of families who trace their ancestors back for generations, Eliza has to decide if she is willing to risk everything for which she has worked so hard to be with the only man she has ever truly loved.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!

25 comments:

Rebecca said...

This sounds interesting. I live close to Charleston. It is one of my favorite places.

Camille Flores said...

This sounds lovely Jill :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the sound of this one! I used to live in Charleston, and it's been a long time since I've read a good book set there. Great choice!

Reading Away The Days said...

Oh this sounds like a great read :-) My Waitin on Wednesdayhttp://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

Anonymous said...

The setting in this one sounds beautiful. Looks like it will be a fun read!

Kim@Time2Read said...

Sounds like a good one!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a beautiful read, Jill. Enjoy.

Juli Rahel said...

This one sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I'm also loving the fact we get a main female character in a romance who has a degree! Go her! Thanks for hosting :)
Juli

Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms said...

Sounds like a wonderful story! I love the cover, and it would be really interesting to see how Eliza deals with her feelings for Henry while being in a relationship. Thanks for sharing!

Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great pick as always. Very interesting!

Happy Wednesday :)

My WoW

Laura said...

Great pick! Intelligent female making such a hard choice. Love it.

Megan R said...

I love the dress n the cover. So pretty!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a good choice.

The Cover Contessa said...

I haven't heard of this one. Sounds good!

Hannah The Person said...

Sounds very interesting, I may have to check this one out.

Anonymous said...

That sounds good. Just posted mine inspired by my trip to BEA next week.

Unknown said...

Heres my Wow this week:

http://dystopian-books.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-6-heir-of-fire.html

Jen @ bthreviews said...

Thanks for hosting! This is my first time participating.
I don't read that genre, but it sounds interesting.

Lark Andrea said...

I have been wanting to read this one as well!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just added..Look forward to it!

Unknown said...

I love the cover it's beautiful :)

Brooke @ i blog 4 books said...

What a pretty cover!

Unknown said...

That sounds good. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.