Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: All the Stars in the Heavens

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

All the Stars in the Heavens


By Adriana Trigiani
Publication Date: October 13

From Amazon:

The movie business is booming in 1935 when 21-year-old Loretta Young meets 34-year-old Clark Gable on the set of The Call of the Wild. Though he's already married, Gable falls for the stunning and vivacious young actress instantly. Far from the glittering lights of Hollywood, Sister Alda Ducci has been forced to leave her convent and begin a new journey that leads her to Loretta. Becoming Miss Young's secretary, the innocent and pious young Alda must navigate the wild terrain of Hollywood with fierce determination and a moral code that derives from her Italian roots. Over the course of decades, she and Loretta encounter scandal and adventure, choose love and passion, and forge an enduring bond of love and loyalty that will be put to the test when they eventually face the greatest obstacle of their lives.
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!




19 comments:

Perpetual New Girl said...

Great choice! Happy Reading. My WoW is gothic horror romance and kind of a different thing for me, but I think it's going to be amazing.

Laura said...

Sounds really good. Hope you enjoy it! My WoW is a YA adventure set during WWII.

Gill Edwards said...

your chosen book sounds really good, thanks for sharing
Gill @book_magpie

Christina T said...

I am looking forward to this one too. I just recently read a very sad article about Loretta Young and the truth of her relationship with Clark Gable. I wonder if Trigiani will include that in her book.

Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic said...

Your pick sounds great! I'll add it to my TBR list. My pick for my first Waiting on Wednesday was Truthwitch :)

Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

Kay said...

Oh, this one does sound good. Putting it on my list for fall.

Lisa Mandina said...

I haven't read anything by this author yet, but this one sounds intriguing! And I love the cover.

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I like the setting in "old Hollywood"! Sounds really good!

Kate @ Ex Libris

Mari said...

I do like a good novel where facts from real life is included. I wonder if this one is true to history or not. My choice for this WW on Escape In A Book is a young adult novel featuring a main character that is gender fluid. A very interesting topic and an important one.

Happy Wednesday, Jill :)

Unknown said...

Who wouldn't want to meet Clark Gable...love the sound of the book. Thanks for sharing

Renee said...

This sounds really interesting. Thanks for hosting!

MoodReaderDiary said...

Ahh Clark Gable, they don't make men like that anymore!

Faith @ Lattes and Lovers said...

Seems interesting thanks for sharing.
Thank you for hosting! :)
My Wow is... : http://faithsbookspiration.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Lark Andrea said...

I am really excited about this one too! I love Trigiani's writing.

The Bibliophile Babe said...

Great pick!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great pick. I hadn't heard of it until now. Here's my pick: www.michelle-pickett.com/2015/07/29/waiting-on-wednesday/

Michelle :)

Unknown said...

My waiting on Wednesday this week was The Rose Society!!! I can't wait for it to be released!!!

http://nolifewithoutreading.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednessday-2.html

Unknown said...