Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Hours Count

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Hours Count

By Jillian Cantor
Publication Date: October 20

From Amazon: 

On June 19, 1953, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg were executed for conspiring to commit espionage. The day Ethel was first arrested in 1950, she left her two young sons with a neighbor, and she never came home to them again. Brilliantly melding fact and fiction, Jillian Cantor reimagines the life of that neighbor, and the life of Ethel and Julius, an ordinary-seeming Jewish couple who became the only Americans put to death for spying during the Cold War.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!





16 comments:

Verushka said...

This sounds like a very intense read. I always marvel at authors who can mesh fact and fiction. The amount research involved would be immense!

Cheryl said...

This sounds like a fascinating read. Thanks for sharing.

Tina's Blog said...

I guess great minds think alike!

Laura said...

Sounds like a good one. Hope you enjoy it!

Rachel said...

This sounds like an intense but interesting read. I really like WWII novels that explore other perspectives. Thanks for sharing!
My WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-scarlett-epstein.html

Kay said...

This book sounds really intriguing - a fictionalized version of the Rosenbergs' story. Sign me up!

Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like an interesting historical fiction! Great pick!

Anonymous said...

This book sounds very interesting. I don't think I've read a book set in the 50s! My WoW this week is for my book coming out in September! I've been a book blogger for years, and now I get to be the author. I'm excited!
kathryncooperwrites.com

Renee said...

This books sounds really really good! I'm adding it to my TBR. Thanks for hosting!

My Wow

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Okay I don't read much adult fiction (as I've said before), but I would DEFINITELY read this. I love when books meld fact and fiction together; and I love learning about this sort of history! :) Thanks for sharing, Jill! <3

Eri said...

I did learn about the Rosenburgs in my history class, so I am definitely intrigued! Espionage history is always really fascinating and I hope this book lives up to the infamous couple.

My WoW

Jill Hoke said...

This one sounds really good. I love fictional biography.

Laurie Brown said...

Your book sounds fascinating!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting, as always! ^-^

Leeanna said...

I don't think I've seen a historical fiction about them before. Good pick!

Leeanna said...

I don't think I've seen a historical fiction about them before. Good pick!