Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs

By Matthew Dicks

Publication Date: September 8

From Amazon:

Caroline Jacobs has lost herself. She's a wife, mother (to a tattooed teenage daughter she avoids), Sears Portrait Studio photographer, and wimp. Asserting herself, taking the reins, or facing life head-on are not in her repertoire. So when Caroline suddenly cracks and screams "Fuck you!" at the PTA president, she is shocked. So is her husband. So is the PTA president. So is everyone. But Caroline soon realizes the true cause of her outburst can be traced back to something that happened to her as a teenager, a scarring betrayal by her best friend Emily. This act changed Caroline's life forever. So, with a little bit of bravery flowing through her veins, Caroline decides to go back to her home town and confront Emily. She busts her daughter Polly out of school, and the two set off to deliver the perfect comeback, which is 25 years in the making. But nothing goes as planned. Long buried secrets begin to rise to the surface, and Caroline will have to face much more than one old, bad best friend.
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!




11 comments:

Perpetual New Girl said...

Oh good choice. Looks like a good read. My WoW features my favorite fictional detective in a roundabout way. Happy Reading.

Verushka said...

This one sounds equal parts heartwarming ... and sad at the same time, but I like it surrounding the perfect comebakc years later -- that'd be me. I can never think of the perfect comeback on my feet! Here's mine

Harvee said...

Mine is a cozy, 10th in the series.
http://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-little-night-murder-by-nancy-martin.html

Sofia T. said...

I love this cover!!! :)

Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

Kay said...

I think this one sounds interesting mostly. I might wait to see a few reviews before I picked it up. :-)

Laura said...

Sounds interesting. I can picture something like that happening for real.

Sabrina said...

That book looks good! I haven't heard of it before so I am definitely going to check it out :D

I Was Angelized_1st said...

Wow, this sounds really interesting!

Unknown said...

Hy, here is my Link! :)
https://martinabookaholic.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/waiting-on-wednesday-1/

Lisa Mandina said...

NOt my type, but does sound like an interesting read!

Unknown said...

Not one I would pick but it does look interesting! I love these waiting on.. Because they always introduce me to new books!