Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Cruel Beautiful World


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Cruel Beautiful World

By Caroline Leavitt

Publication Date: October 4

From Amazon:

 It's 1969, and 16-year-old Lucy is about to run away with a much older man to live off the grid in rural Pennsylvania, a rash act that will have vicious repercussions for both her and her older sister, Charlotte. As Lucy's default caretaker for most of their lives, Charlotte's youth has been marked by the burden of responsibility, but never more so than when Lucy's dream of a rural paradise turns into nightmare.  

With gorgeous prose and indelible characters, Cruel Beautiful World examines the intricate, infinitesimal distance between seduction and love, loyalty and duty, and what happens when you're responsible for things you can't fix.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?



Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!








20 comments:

Renee said...

Great pick ~ the description just pulled me in. Am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Renee ~ My Wow

Candace Robinson said...

This sounds really good!

Ruzaika Rifaideen said...

Oh wow- that's one very intriguing synopsis! My interest is definitely piqued! Thanks for sharing :)


This week, I'm waiting on YA story about a ballerina that deals with some tough topics! Check it out here

Zwiebelbaguette said...

This week I'm waiting on a series of research, as a german study on how much and what people read was supposed to be published every three years so one could see the positive or negative trends in reading behaviour, but since 2000 there was no new research in this series and the latest other study on this subject is already 8 years old as well. But I need some new information for my master thesis.

Thanks for this idea of waiting on wednesday,
Taaya of Let 'em eat books

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

Sounds dark (which I like)!


Waiting on Wednesday

Kristin @ Addicted to HEA said...

Oh no, I think I can see where this book is going. So many stories can come out of that time period, that's for sure!!! Great pick!

Joyce Campbell said...

Ooh, sounds really mysterious. I might actually look into this one. I'd never heard of it until now.

Angie @ BadassBookReviews said...

Oh, wow. This looks really good. And I love that cover!

Lovey Dovey Books said...

Yay! I love this author, so excited to read this one, thanks for sharing

Candace @ Lovey Dovey Books

Leslie said...

That looks really good! I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

AngelErin said...

Sounds like a good one! I hope you like it of you get to read it. :D

Erin Readingwithwrin said...

This sounds like an interesting read. Thank you for the recommendation

Shane Morgan said...

This sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Wednesday!

Shane @ Itching for Books

Amy Sanders said...

This sounds interesting! I may have to pick this one up when it releases. Thanks!

vvb32 reads said...

I like the looks and genre of this one.

Heather Duff said...

Sounds good!

Stacey Schneller said...

This looks good. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week. :)

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

This sounds like an awesome read! Hope you enjoy it!

Maria said...

This is the first time I've seen this book but it sounds really interesting - great choice - hope you really enjoy it when you get your copy

Caroline Leavitt said...

OH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

love, Caroline Leavitt