Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Salon: Cookbooks


I spent last week at a trade show in Houston, arriving home to find the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook waiting on me (Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics). I am a cookbook junkie, primarily those of a Southern variety, and I collect old Junior League cookbooks from the South. Sitting down with a good cookbook is just as satisfying to me as a good novel. This year was a good one for cookbooks, so I thought I'd share my six favorites from 2008:






































9 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The new Barefoot Contessa cookbook is on my wish list for Christmas.

Ruth King said...

Just looking at the covers is making me hungry! My library is sadly lacking in the cookbook department. Which is odd, because I LOVE to cook.

Linda Jacobs said...

I am addicted to the Food Channel and I think the next step is going to be collecting cook books. Retirement is looming and I'll have plenty of time to experiment.

Sandra said...

I've never even though to list my cookbooks in my LT catalogue but I notice that others do. I don't like cooking any more but wow that cake looks good. I guess my Fanny Farmer Cookbook would be my favourite though.

Dani In NC said...

I read "Screen Doors and Sweet Tea" earlier this year and liked it. My criteria for cookbooks is personal anecdotes + recipes I can actually make = a cookbook I want on my shelf. This book meets that criteria.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I love cookbooks, too!

Marie Cloutier said...

Yum. :-) I'm getting hungry just looking at all those! :-)

Treasures By Brenda said...

Every year is a good year for cookbooks! My bookshelves attest to that fact. I've created a page called Recipe for Finding Good Cookbooks with some guidelines to help one avoid buying cookbooks that only gather dust...

Brenda

Les said...

I have far too many cookbooks, but at least I use them. All of these look great. I could use some new recipes to post on my food blog!