Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Salon: 11-16


Another trade show trip this week, to Baltimore, but before I left, I got the much-anticipated new Wally Lamb novel, The Hour I First Believed.

I'm about 200 pages in (of 700+), and I feel like I have something great in my hands. Now that I'm back home and have some time in front of me, I can tell that reading this book is going to own my day.

After reading some good, better-than-good, and not-so-good novels lately, I had a "this book is going to be one to remember" feeling before I even read the first page, and it's not disappointing so far.

Ever had that feeling about a book before you've even started it?

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I've got that book on my wish list. Can't wait to read your review.

Literary Feline said...

I will be looking forward to your review of Wally Lamb's new book. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that one, but it'll probably be awhile yet.

I have had those moments where, sometimes even before I begin a book, I know that it's one of the ones that will make my best list. I am glad this one is that way for you!

I hope you have a great week!

Memory said...

I get that feeling from time to time. Some books just feel right when you pick them up. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened to me for quite a while now.

Alyce said...

I haven't read anything by Wally Lamb yet, but I just read the synopsis of this book on Barnes and Noble and it sounds so interesting. I've added it to my list of books I want to read.

Becca said...

I'm interested in this book - glad it's giving you good vibes! I'll look forward to your comments when you've finished it.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Ooh! I'm with everyone else. I'm green with envy that you have this book!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Glad to know that reading *The Hour I First Believed* is living up to your expectations!

I have this one on my wish list.