Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Very Valentine


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Very Valentine
By Adriana Trigiani
Publication Date: February 3

From Publishers Weekly:

"This first-in-a-trilogy is a valentine to Manhattan's picturesque West Village, starring a boisterous and charmingly contentious Italian-American family. Valentine Roncalli, adrift after a failed relationship and an aborted teaching career, becomes an apprentice to her 80-year-old grandmother, Teodora Angelini, at the tiny family shoe business. While Valentine struggles to come up with a financial plan—and shoe design—to bring the Old World operation into the 21st century, her brother, Alfred, is pushing Gram to retire and sell her building for $6 million. It's not all business for Valentine, of course: handsome and sophisticated Roman Falconi, owner and chef at a posh restaurant, is vying for her heart. This genteel and lush tale of soles and souls has loads of charm and will leave readers eager for the sequel."

As a huge fan of the Big Stone Gap books, I am thrilled that she's coming back with another series.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Leave a comment with either the link to your own "Waiting On" Wednesday post or just your answer (if you don't have a blog).

9 comments:

Julie P. said...

I love her books! I can't wait to read this one.

Alea said...

Here's my pick this week!

I've read a few of Trigiani's books and enjoyed them! Pretty cover!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I just heard about this and can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I have this book and I'm dying to get into it, but it doesn't come out until February and they've requested the review be posted close to publication date.

JoAnn said...

I just got "Very Valentine" in the mail yesterday. I do not love all of Trigiani's books, but this one looks like it is similar to one I loved, "Lucia, Lucia".

The other book I got in the mail, due out in January, is "Never Tell a Lie" by Hallie Ephron (yes, she is one of THOSE Ephrons!) that has had some good advance press. I was immediately pulled in and cannot wait to get back to it today.

Lenore Appelhans said...

This one does look good :)

Here's my pick this week.

S. Krishna said...

This one sounds like it will be interesting, I've never read any of her books.

Bonnie said...

I just got this one from the author and cannot wait to read it! Thanks to Kathy posting about it as I had not heard about it. I am a huge fan of Adriana Trigiani's books!

Kristi said...

I also loved the Big Stone Gap series. I will watch for this to come out!