Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: True Colors


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

True Colors
By Kristin Hannah
Publication Date: February 3

From Books a Million:

"The Grey sisters had only each other when their mother died years ago. Their father provided for them physically on Water's Edge, the ranch that had been in their family for three generations, each of them however, longed for their father's love. Winona, the oldest, knew early on that she could never get it. An overweight dreamer and reader, she didn't exhibit the kinds of talents and strengths her father valued. Vivi Anne, the youngest, had those things. And it was Vivi Anne who only ever saw a glimmer of their father's approval. When Vivi Anne makes a fateful decision to follow her heart, rather than take the route of a dutiful daughter, events are set in motion that will test the love and loyalties of the Grey sisters. With breathtaking pace and penetrating insight, this is a novel about sisters, vengeance, rivalry, betrayal and, ultimately, what it truly means to be a family."

This is a little "lighter" type of read for me, but I read Hannah's Firefly Lane earlier this year and really enjoyed it, so I have her latest on my list.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Leave a comment with either the link to your own "Waiting On" Wednesday post or just your answer (if you don't have a blog).

9 comments:

Alea said...

Ooh yours sounds interesting!

Here is my pick this week!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I still need to get to Firefly Lane...

Here's mine for the week.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

This is exactly the kind of book I love to read. Thanks for the heads up! I've added it to my Wish List. (How 'bout that SEC Championship game???) lol :) Go Gators!

Zoe said...

Here is mine for the week:

http://booksaregolden.blogspot.com/

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

OK, I'm back and I have mine ready now. Running late as usual...

http://southerngal-lisa.blogspot.com/2008/11/waiting-on-wednesday-bound-south.html

Anonymous said...

I posted mine here.

Carol's Notebook

Ink Mage said...

http://inkmagic.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-nothing-but-ghosts-by-beth-kephart.html

Hamingbird said...

I put my up here. geometry dash scratch

stumble guys said...

Spinal fracture is a very serious disease 2048 taylor swift