Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Salon: August 3


Good morning, Saloners! I've had a full week of reading and blogging.

Here's a recap:


Two new books came my way this week, so reviews will be forthcoming:



America, America by Ethan Canin
"A stunning novel, set in a small town during the Nixon era and today, about America and family, politics and tragedy, and the impact of fate on a young man’s life." (Amazon)




Good-bye and Amen by Beth Gutcheon
"In a summer cottage on the coast of Maine, an unlikely love was nurtured, a marriage endured, and a family survived. Now it is time for the children of that marriage to make peace with the wounds and the treasures left to them. And to sort out which is which." (Amazon)

What books came your way this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by J. Kaye's Book Blog. What a neat place you have here! If you don't mind, I'd love to spotlight your blog this coming week.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I can't wait to read The Lace Reader - looking forward to your review. Have a good Sunday!

Anonymous said...

This is the second mention I've come across this week to Canin, a new writer to me. I can see I'm going to have to chase him up. Have you read anything else by him?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Canin. I haven't read it yet but have it on the list. Happy weekend!