Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Testimony

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Testimony
By Anita Shreve
Publication Date: October 21

From Amazon.com:

"At a New England boarding school, a sex scandal is about to break. Even more shocking than the sexual acts themselves is the fact that they were caught on videotape. A Pandora's box of revelations, the tape triggers a chorus of voices--those of the men, women, teenagers, and parents involved in the scandal--that details the ways in which lives can be derailed or destroyed in one foolish moment."

Shreve is one of the most consistent authors I know, and I'm always anxious to get my hands on her latest. The subject matter here sounds like a darker departure for her, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to her previous work.

What are you looking forward to reading?

3 comments:

avisannschild said...

Oooh, me too I'm dying to read this one! I've mostly loved all of Anita Shreve's books. Been meaning to start this "Waiting On Wednesday" thing too, but forgot again this week. Maybe next week!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Waiting On Wednesday. Is this something new you started? Can anyone join in?

Anna said...

I can't wait for this book either. I'm a huge Anita Shreve fan!

--Diary of an Eccentric