Monday, June 9, 2008

Spring Reading: Wrapping Up

Okay, here's the last of my spring reading list.

Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs: This was delicious reading...like eating a favorite casserole cooked by your mother. In a nutshell: A celebrity chef must come up with a new recipe for her show to keep it on the air, so she enlists family and friends.

Moon Shell Beach by Nancy Thayer: Ever since I spent a long weekend on Martha's Vineyard, I've been fascinated by that part of the country. I'm a sucker for a ties-that-bind friendship novel, and the fact that it's in Nantucket just sweetens the pot for me. In a nutshell: Years after their childhood friendship was fractured, the two meet up again and rebuild their bond.

Ten-Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer: Likewise, after living in New York City for a couple of years after graduating from college, I love anything to do with NYC. Reading anything that is set in Manhatten immediately transports me back. In a nutshell: Four educated woman who left the workplace to raise their children examine their choices.

Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin: Bring this one to the pool or beach...it's a fun and easy read. In a nutshell: After a surprise encounter on the streets of New York, a newly married woman wonders about "the one that got away."

Okay, now we're up to date and on track. From here on out, I'll be giving in-depth reviews of books as I read them. I just felt like with a spring rich in fiction, I needed to throw a few titles out there.

2 comments:

trish said...

I wasn't thrilled with Comfort Food...it's this type of chick lit that I loathe: everything wrapped up with a happy ending. Probably one of my less favorites this year.

Jill said...

It was indeed a tidy package...but I'm a foodie, so I think the cooking/Food Network aspect hightened the appeal of this book for me.