Monday, June 9, 2008

Spring Reading

I'm going to keep this site current with what I'm reading at the time, but there were some great books released this spring, so I'm compiling a list to get you started.

March
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult: Picoult always examines the tough issues, and this one's no exception. In a nutshell: When her daughter's killer wants to donate his organs after his execution to her ailing surviving daughter, a mother wrestles with his offer.

Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews: Another fun and frothy Southern-spiked offering from MK. In a nutshell: To get her own show on the cooking network, a beauty queen turned chef must face off with a rugged outdoor cook.

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson: Jackson's previous two novels were more Southern heavy, while this one's a bit more mystical. In a nutshell: After finding the body of her daughter's friend in the backyard pool, a mother searches for answers and must examine her carefully crafted life.

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan: I came to this one late, resisting it at first. After so many good reviews, I couldn't ignore it any longer. It will most likely make my "favorite books of the year" list. This is a must read! In a nutshell: A fictionalization of the life of Frank Lloyd Wright's mistress and look inside their tumultuous love story.

3 comments:

LisaMM said...

My book club picked Loving Frank for August. Sounds good.

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you think about the book!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review of Loving Frank. I got interested in reading this after visiting Taleisin West in Arizona this winter. I will definitely add this one to my list.