Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Sunday Salon: June 22


Happy Sunday, bloggers!

I'm really excited to be a part of The Sunday Salon community.

As a quick scroll through my blog will reveal, I've only been live for a few weeks. So, any tips or suggestions from fellow Saloners are much appreciated.

In the spirit of other posts, I'll start with what I have read/reviewed this past week:

1. Outtakes from a Marriage by Ann Leary (review)

2. The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton (review)

3. The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden (review)

Also, since this is my first Sunday post, here are the links to my Spring Reading list: Part I, Part II, and Part III.

I've just cracked open a much-anticipated book, The Garden of Last Days by Andrew Dubus III. I never read House of Sand and Fog, but I loved the movie...so I was excited to hear about his latest release. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Salon. Now the question is, which Birmingham have you returned to, the one in the US or the one in the UK? If the latter, then we must meet up for a salon tea sometime.

Jill said...

Ahh...the former. I should have clarified that on my profile. Too bad...talking about books over tea sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Salon...I'm relatively new also. Today seems to be a quiet day, compared to others, but I guess we're all enjoying our reading and that's what this really is about.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Sunday Salon! I see you've read The Wednesday Sisters, which I'm dying to get my hands on.

I've been hearing good comments on The Garden of Last Days, so I'll be back to see what you think :)